The East-West Monastic Meeting at Minster Abbey this year having little opportunity for the usual more open participation, the community of nuns belonging to the Vita et Pax Foundation within the Olivetan family of Benedictines at Turvey Abbey in Bedfordshire hosted a special East-West meeting for the wider audience wishing to tkae forward the agenda set by the Apostolic Letter Orientale Lumen.
The theme was The Church - Evolving or Devolving. The principal contributions were:
- Bishop Basil of Sergievo, Ruling Bishop of the Russian Orthodox Church of Great Britain, Dicoese of Sourozh
- Beginning and end time in the Church, Iman Riad Janet Arsang, Coptic Orthodox Church
- Canon Hugh Wybrew, Anglican scholar on Orthodoxy
- Mother Joanna of the Holy Myrrhbearers Skete, Cambridge
- Fr Robert Gibbons OSB, assistant chaplain to the Melkite Greek Orthodox Parish in London